Driveways are definite must-haves for any Maryland home or commercial property. These hardscapes provide safe and easy access to and from the home, separate one part of the landscape from the other, and keep plants and flowers safe from being walked upon.
The Best Types of Driveways
Driveways are generally categorized according to the material used. Two of the most common materials are concrete and asphalt. They are easy to install, affordable, strong, and durable. They can withstand heavy vehicle traffic for several years without the need for repair and maintenance, thus saving you money.
Paver driveways, on the other hand, are more expensive than concrete or asphalt but provide several advantages like:
- Unique beauty. Stone pavers, for example, come from natural stones like flagstone, bluestone, or limestone. Since nature itself designed these stones, you can be sure that each piece has a style and pattern so rare and beautiful that no human hands can replicate.
- Strength and durability. Pavers are longer lasting than both asphalt and concrete. They are also very strong that they can withstand natural disasters like earthquakes.
- Easy maintenance. Asphalt and concrete have to be replaced completely once they break. With pavers, you only need to replace the affected part. And, they’re easier to clean, too. Just sweep off the dust and debris and you’re done.
- Safety. Pavers have rough, porous surfaces that make them slip-proof so you won’t have to worry when your kids run back and forth even on rainy days.
- Versatility. Stone and concrete pavers come in different designs and colors that you can mix and match according to your taste.
Driveways that Last
You can only enjoy all the above said benefits if you have well-constructed driveways. Otherwise, those hardscapes will sink and eventually break. To prevent that from ever happening, we at Diversified Contractors, LLC make sure that every driveway that we built conforms to industry standards.
Together with our licensed and certified manpower, we start each project by carefully preparing the area. We study the quality of your soil, add the necessary aggregates, and compact the soil well. We then allocate enough time for it to settle down. After this period, we compact it even more and repeat the process if needed. This assures you that your pavers won’t sink or break even after a considerable length of time.
We only lay the pavers when we are satisfied with the compactness of your soil. Our stone masons will lay the pavers piece by piece and then check the alignment of the pavers and the evenness of the surface. Once complete, we will polish the surface to perfection and seal it well, giving you driveways that are beautiful, functional, and durable.
We Aim for Total Customer Satisfaction
We’d like to make you happy so we have prepared a wide array of designs and materials that you may choose from. We can always customize one for you if none of our designs satisfy your whim and fancy. Rest assured that we only source our materials from the most reputable suppliers in the country and use high-end tools and equipment to guarantee the timely completion of our projects.
Call us now if you want the best possible driveways for your home or commercial property.